Autumn Lawn Care Tips
Fall in Ohio means high school football games, bonfires, apple cider, changing leaves and cooler temperatures, but the winds of autumn also bring a whole new set of yard maitenance priorities. Follow our Fall Lawn Care Tips below so you can have a beautiful lawn next spring.
- Don't stop mowing - it's easy to forget to mow your lawn during the fall, but the grass still grows until it snows
- Aerate your yard in the fall for a healthy yard in the spring
- Rake your leaves or mow and mulch them with a special mulching blade to avoid dead or matted grass
- Continue watering your yard especially during draughts
- Fall fertilization will go a long way toward a beautiful spring yard
- Overseed for a thicker, healthier lawn
- Cut your grass slightly shorter to prevent it from matting down under fallen leaves
- Fall is the best time to rid your yard of weeds like dandelions and clovers
Proper fall lawn care is the most important ingredient for a lush and healthy spring yard. But don't sweat it. Contact the experts at Grass Master if you need any help.