Fall in Ohio means high school football games, bonfires, apple cider, changing leaves and cooler temperatures, but the winds of autumn also bring a whole new set of yard maitenance priorities. Follow our Fall Lawn Care Tips below so you can have a beautiful lawn next spring.
- Don’t stop mowing – it’s easy to forget to mow your lawn during the fall, but the grass still grows until it snows
- Aerate your yard in the fall for a healthy yard in the spring
- Rake your leaves or mow and mulch them with a special mulching blade to avoid dead or matted grass
- Continue watering your yard especially during draughts
- Fall fertilization will go a long way toward a beautiful spring yard
- Overseed for a thicker, healthier lawn
- Cut your grass slightly shorter to prevent it from matting down under fallen leaves
- Fall is the best time to rid your yard of weeds like dandelions and clovers
The leaves might be changing, but in Akron and Canton your lawn is still green! Learn the best tips care for your lawn this Fall. Proper fall lawn care is the most important ingredient for a lush and healthy spring yard. But don’t sweat it. Contact the experts at Grass Master if you need any help.